Update to the latest software and reset your GoPro Hero 3, Hero 3+ or Hero 4 just by using your microSD card. Simply download the file, unzip and copy to your microSD card to update and reset the software.
- GoPro Hero 3 White (v3.07) (thanks to Jacob).
- GoPro Hero 3 Silver (v3.02).
- GoPro Hero 3 Black (v3.03).
- GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (v3.10).
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black (v3.11).
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver (v02.00.00).
- GoPro Hero 4 Black (v02.00.00).
(files latest as of 5 April 2015).
How to Guide:
- Download the file for your specific GoPro model (the list of files is above).
- Insert the microSD card into your computer (using a microSD to SD adaptor or microSD to USB adaptor). NOTE: The microSD card does NOT need to be formatted, you can keep your current recordings on the card.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Copy the files to the microSD card.
- For the GoPro Hero 3+ and Hero 4, the files need to be in a folder called “UPDATE”. Make sure you copy the folder to the card. It will not work if the files are not in the UPDATE folder.
- For the GoPro Hero 3, the files need to be in the root directory of the card, NOT in a folder. Copy the files directly to your card, not in a folder. It will not work if the files are in a folder.
- Eject the microSD card from your computer.
- Insert the card into your GoPro whilst the camera is off.
- Turn on the GoPro, it will come up with a screen saying it is updating, and turn itself off when complete.
- Your GoPro is now reset to with the latest software version and the WiFi password is also reset to “goprohero”